Why Sell with The Gerwin Group?
Broad Market Experience:
With many years of real estate experience, Mary and Shaylisa have worked with sellers in all kinds of market conditions: an appreciating market, a soft market, and a balanced market. We have our fingers on the pulse of the market at all times, and have great insight into what Buyers are looking for and what Buyers are willing to pay for a given property.
We stay on top of market trends and how they impact you, and have great success in negotiating terms that meet our Sellers’ goals. This includes not only the purchase price, but the closing date, inclusions, inspection, appraisal and more. We are masters at getting deals to the closing table!Preparation:
Much of a Seller’s success is determined by the preparation completed before a property goes to market. The Gerwin Group has a complete team of professionals—inspectors, stagers, designers, contractors, etc—at their service to help Sellers prepare their home and ensure that their presentation to Buyers is at its best the first day on the market. As they say, you only get one chance to make a good first impression!
Our goal is to highlight a home’s strengths, minimize any possible objections, and provide solutions before an issue arises. Any investment in repairs or improvements is designed to:
- attract more potential Buyers
- secure a superior offer
- return or exceed the dollars invested
As part of our marketing plan, Mary and Shaylisa will often order a pre-inspection of each home to determine if there are any significant repairs needed before going to market. This enables our Sellers to identify and budget for those repairs in advance and positions the property more positively to prospective Buyers, who can more confidently make an offer on a home knowing that the major systems are in good working order.
World Class Marketing:
Our marketing is designed to:
- create widespread awareness of your property via the web, print, signage, open houses and realtor community
- highlight the quality of the home and location with top notch architectural photographs and virtual tours
- reinforce the key features and benefits throughout the home
- secure timely offers!
A Dedication to Professionalism – Our Promise to You
As your agent, we at The Gerwin Group have a fiduciary responsibility to you at all times and will service your specific real estate needs in the following ways:
- Analyze comparable property values and advise you on current market conditions
- Hire a pre-inspection, review and recommend targeted repairs
- Recommend experts, where needed, for additional knowledge and repairs
- Prepare a Comparable Market Analysis (CMA) to determine expected sales price range
- Prepare listing documents, disclosures and marketing materials
- Market your home broadly with high quality photography and materials
- Negotiate skillfully on your behalf and promote clear and frequent communication among all parties
- Meet the appraiser and provide in depth support for the purchase price, using comparable properties, notable commentary about location, condition
- Review title commitment and home inspections, facilitate repairs, stay informed on progress on the Buyer’s loan and recommend attorneys or tax professionals, as needed
- Act in good faith at all times
- Obey your instructions
- Return all calls and emails promptly
- Closely track dates and deadlines
- Receive and monitor all earnest money
- Receive and deliver all documents in a timely manner
- Review final settlement statements
- Place your interests above all others
- Keep your personal information strictly confidential
- Ensure that all parties to the transaction are fully informed about any material facts that may affect the transaction
A Quick Guide to Agency Terms
A seller’s agent works solely on behalf of the seller to promote the interests of the seller with the utmost good faith, loyalty and fidelity. The agent negotiates on behalf of and acts as an advocate for the seller. The seller’s agent must disclose to potential buyers all adverse material facts actually known by the seller’s agent about the property. A separate written listing agreement is required which sets forth the duties and obligations of the broker and the seller.
A buyer’s agent works solely on behalf of the buyer to promote the interests of the buyer with the utmost good faith, loyalty and fidelity. The agent negotiates on behalf of and acts as an advocate for the buyer. The buyer’s agent must disclose to potential sellers all adverse material facts actually known by the buyer’s agent, including the buyer’s financial ability to perform the terms of the transaction and, if a residential property, whether the buyer intends to occupy the property. A separate written buyer agency agreement is required which sets forth the duties and obligations of the broker and the buyer.
A transaction-broker assists the buyer or seller or both throughout a real estate transaction by performing terms of any written or oral agreement, fully informing the parties, presenting all offers and assisting the parties with any contracts, including the closing of the transaction without being an agent or advocate for any of the parties. A transaction-broker must use reasonable skill and care in the performance of any oral or written agreement, and must make the same disclosures as agents about all adverse material facts actually known by the transaction-broker concerning a property or a buyer’s financial ability to perform the terms of a transaction and, if a residential property, whether the buyer intends to occupy the property. No written agreement is required.
A customer is a party to a real estate transaction with whom the broker has no brokerage relationship because such party has not engaged or employed the broker, either as the party’s agent or as the party’s transaction-broker.